Sunday, February 12, 2012

19 weeks 1 day

So, my intention was for today to be an easy day - a short bike ride and a yoga class. While that is exactly what I did, I wouldn't exactly call it "easy". Sara and I braved 17 degree weather and wicked winds to bike to Knox's house in Newton. While the distance was only 5.5 miles, the weather, hills, and baby made it a little tougher than usual. Up the Newton hills, my knees would hit my baby bump constantly. Now, in the comfort of my own home, I find it funny. At 2 pm, I found it challenging. The ride back to Boston was much more enjoyable - the wind had subsided, my belly was full of delicious dinner (thank you Knox), and Sara and I were actually able to talk to each other without the wind interfering. Sandwiched between the bike trips was a 1.5 hour yoga class at Down Under Yoga. The class was fantastic and I found that I was able to do about 90% of the positions. I had to modify a bit (didn't do the ab sequence), but it was much better than I expected.

Bike: 11 miles
Yoga: 1.5 hrs
Sara and Laura (looking amazing) bundled up ready for the ride back into town

No comments:

Post a Comment