Monday, February 13, 2012

19 weeks, 2 days

Today was a great running day - sunny, not too cold, nice light reflecting off Jamaica Pond... Immediately before running, I did 30 minutes of yoga to stretch out and then headed over to Brookline High School to meet Mary. We enjoyed a gorgeous run around Jamaica Pond and headed back through Olmsted Park back to the high school. I said a quick "hi" to Brad's empty classroom, visited the bathroom for my third bathroom break of the run, and headed back out to finish my run home. I had a little bit of round ligament pain around miles 4-6, but otherwise felt fine, just a bit heavy. I think I'll do yoga after the run next time, rather than immediately before, since I find that my muscles are a little tighter now than when I'm not pregnant. I wonder if it is the added weight of my belly on my quads, or maybe it's just from biking the Newton Hills yesterday, but I definitely have sore quads today, which doesn't usually happen after a day off from running. I ended the day having a Valentine's dinner with Marybeth and Knox, featuring delicious salmon and amazing cookies.

Run: 7.5 miles
Yoga: 30 minutes
Aforementioned amazing cookies from Knox. Sadly, there is only one left!

No comments:

Post a Comment