Friday, February 24, 2012

20 weeks, 5 days

What a phenomenal day for running! The temperature was in the mid-50s, the sun was shining, and I left work while it was still light outside! I ran the 2.5 perimeter of UMass along the boardwalk, hopped on the train from UMass to Kendall Sq in Cambridge, and ran along the Charles River home. Taking pictures was a good enough reason as any to justify 5 stops on my run! I'm definitely starting to feel tired almost from the beginning of my run these days. I'm hoping it is just a second trimester phase and I'll be feeling a bit more snappy sometime soon - otherwise I feel very sorry for the people who have to deal with me for the next 4 months! After running, I took my last Capoeira class, and it came not a moment too soon. Today's class was absolutely ridiculous and hilarious to a fly on the wall (and to the other people in my class). I now have no balance, no coordination, and no power from my core. It's a sort of aerobic dance/martial arts type of discipline, so it incorporates a funky kind of cartwheel into some of its moves. Let me tell you, it was hilarious to watch me try to cartwheel around the room. My shirt barely covers my belly, I can't find my center of balance for the life of me, and I'm determined to do the moves. So, I looked a bit silly - but it was all in good fun. Overall, I'm glad I took the series of classes, but I don't think I need to revisit this particular type of dance in the future.

Run: 5 miles
Capoeira class
First steps from my office (can't beat this view - just wish I had a window!)
The boardwalk around UMass (my office is to the immediate left)


Looks like the city is so far away, but to run from here, through the city, and to my place, which is about a mile out on the other side of the city, takes less than an hour. Boston is so small!

We runners hit the Charles on a regular basis, but I never take it for granted. Can't beat the view.


On the Cambridge side of the Charles about a mile from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment