Tuesday, February 21, 2012

20 weeks, 3 days

Today's run was GORGEOUS! For time reasons, I ran after work. So, I left South Boston at 9:15 pm, ran the first 2 miles along the ocean front, hopped on the train to jump from UMass to Park Street (conveniently bypassing the not-so-safe Dorchester Ave), and then ran home down Commonwealth Street. The trees that line the walkway down Commonwealth were lit up, and the glow of the lights combined with the silence of the city on a weekday night was so peaceful. I had a Beetlejuice moment - feeling like I was inside one of those model towns. It was lovely. Since I was running along city streets, there were no bathrooms at my disposal, so my run was more like a shuffle (I believe I clocked 9:28 pace on one of the miles!!!). But, it felt great to stretch my legs after a day of writing and a night of teaching. Now, I'm showered, fed, and ready to fall asleep to Brad's latest issue of Science.

Pregnancy pluses today:
1) On two separate occasions, somebody held the door open for me. Now, to you Michigan readers, that might not seem like a big deal. But, this is the Northeast! It's a whole other monster.
2) A student carried all my binders and books from my office to our classroom.
3) I ate a cookie at 8:15 am at my desk and didn't feel guilty.

Run: 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment